Thursday, July 7, 2011

PARTY THURSDAY!

Actually, as they left, E jokingly (and seriously) said, "Don't have any wild parties while we're gone."

But I don't plan to.

I've only ever partied behind someone's back once and it was my mom's house, the year I quit college. I was doing a lot of intelligent things that year.

And after an all night beer fest a friend of a friend passed out and threw up on my mom's couch cover. I had to clean the entire house and we had to call someone to physically remove our unconscious acquaintance.

I know I'm probably sharing too much, but I'm trying to make it clear how not interested in partying I am.

It took everything I had to not snap at the kids this morning. They were so excited to go and of course, they were ready two hours before their parents. To avoid a major blowout on either of our parts, I started cleaning.

I stacked all the things T and I had packed in the dining room for E to load up, and while he pittered around, not packing the car, I started on the list of things I want done today. When we all get home on Sunday, I want this place spotless.

E brought in some old junk from the car and put it all over my kitchen. I had to pause cleaning to find places for all of it and while I was doing that a spider ran out from something he'd brought in and disappeared into the kitchen. Initially, I was pretty sure the spider was hiding behind the Foreman grill but after tearing apart everything on that side of the kitchen, Spidey was discovered running across the ceiling.

I shrieked a little.

And then I killed him with my magic spray.

They got out the door at 10.

I cleaned the kitchen and did laundry and cleaned the rest of the house. All at the same time.

And I succeeded in causing myself to have an allergic reaction to...well everything. I go into cleaning with full knowledge of my low tolerance for bleach and bleach containing cleaners, yet still, when given free rein and when standing before a closet full of both all natural and chemically based cleaning products, I grab the most potent allergens and nearly kill myself.

The good news is, the germs and bugs are all dead. And I am still alive.

It wouldn't be so bad if I would actually wear gloves while working, but that always comes as an afterthought.

As I dumped the mop bucket off the side porch I finally figured out where T is throwing her secret cigerette butts. I've smelled the smoke on her ever-so-faintly a few times and I have twice come across her pack in her room or bag. I know she doesn't smoke regularly but I also knew she was smoking somewhere and I could not figure out how she was doing it.

There is a porch off her bedroom which I've suspected of being the smoking lounge, but there's no ashtray there.

But the downstairs porch is directly underneath the upstairs porch. And when I dumped the bucket, I spotted all the butts in the bushes. And laughed.

I'm not judging her; goodness knows I've done my share of stinky cigarette smoking (I might be revealing too much about myself in this particular entry) but I just think it's funny.

Also, I'm not picking those up. Ever.

That's all her.

My afternoon was all about fun, fun, fu-un with my new favorite conversationalist. Taryn and I went to the pool and had to convince the gentleman in charge that I do, in fact, live here and that she would swear to it in a court of law.

We went out to eat (Chipotle!) and did anything but rush through coffees at my favoritest little coffee house. We stayed out until 9:30, when we were both yawning, despite the caffiene intake.

How's that for wild?

But of course, once home and alone, all the sleepiness left me. It's kind of a good thing, considering my to-do list for tonight.

I wasted quite a bit of time browsing bus tickets for tomorrow and finally purchased one that I am just PRAYING I can actually make it to. All of this depends on what I accomplish tonight, for example, packing my bag and going to bed. And even if I get done all that I need to, there's tomorrow's to-do list.

I need to set the alarm when I leave without setting it off. And I need to be out of here in time to catch a train to the city.

Here's hoping Willie's weekend caregiver picks him up on time...

1 comment:

  1. I was yawning at dinner last night at 9:30, I can't hang anymore either!

    ReplyDelete