Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The happiest day.

Tomorrow my family leaves for three days away and I will be making plans to head to Boston.

Today I packed the kids' bags and then hung out with R while T packed. I baked by request this afternoon.

And during my down time I hung out with R and discovered that Jewish preschool doesn't include letter recognition or even the very beginning stages of phonics. The child could recognize R because it's for her name, but couldn't even tell me what sound it makes.

Sigh.

This evening I fried flounder fillets and gagged the whole time. I fed it to the kids and promptly bathed them to get the stench out. I'm still working on the odor in the kitchen.

While I was eating my wonderful smelling vegetarian dinner, J resumed beating his sister with random objects. After I started confiscating them he got more and more upset. Over the wails, I asked him if he was tired. He nodded. I asked him if he wanted to go to bed. He nodded. I sent him up and finished my dinner.

I found him ten minutes later, asleep on the floor at the foot of his parents' bed.

It was so cute. Also, sad.

Now, I hate to cut this short, but I still don't have bus tickets for my weekend of freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment