Sunday, July 17, 2011

1, 2, 3.

First of all, I love my new friends. And I am loving being able to get out of the house and do things without having to ask some poor, unwilling soul for a ride. I may hate the bus, but it is very convenient. Except after 7:15 on Sunday evenings. THANKS TARYN! :-)

Second of all, I came home and was sitting in the playroom watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail and then all of sudden I could hear it echoing from the other room. Could it be true? Yes! It is true! My employers are laughing at the Monty!!!!!

OH HAPPY DAY!!!

Third of all, I love my new church. This probably should have been first of all.

I really, really wish that I could be at every service, every week, but until that period of my life comes, I am so happy to know that I am in a wonderful congregation that has reached out to me already. I have no worries about falling off their radar.

I loved the church I grew up in. (SHOUT OUT TO MY HACK FAMILY!!!)

And I love my (short) time at my brother's church.

I've never not felt at home in the OPC.

And now I have a new home in it and I hope I don't leave it for a good while. Not the fifteen years T is hoping for, but maybe...two. That seems like a terribly long time to live in one place.

Unless of course, it's Africa.

I told R about Africa and about the kids I've worked with there. She loves looking at my pictures and this afternoon E and T showed her a TV special about needy kids in Africa and explained to her that they don't even have clean water to drink. R is a thinker and you can see the little wheels in her head working to process all these things.

Underneath her wild, four-year-old princess exterior, she is a very sweet little girl.

After our discussion about Africa and the kids that don't have food, water or baby dollies, she asked if we could go there sometime and take them some stuff. She especially likes to eat hearts of palm and thought they would probably like some.

J is my next project, who I am learning in spite of his sweet manners, likes to cause trouble, spits a lot and thinks it's funny and is incredibly WHINY. He's been sick lately, so I don't know if that's why he's wearing my patience thin.

But I can tell you that if this week is anything like last week, I might be out of a job after I blow up at him.

No comments:

Post a Comment