Sunday, June 12, 2011

Today I've discovered...

It has been quite an informative day.

First and foremost, I learned that just because the kids didn't fall asleep until after ten last night, does not mean that they will sleep in. In fact, in means they might wake even earlier and drive you absolutely insane.

And they probably won't eat breakfast without crying.

But then the rest of the day shaped up.

I downloaded something like 250 hymns for $7.00. And then listened to as many of them as possible before the baby woke up. When he did, we went walking, trying to find the mysterious pool that T won't disclose the location of. It's part of my Long Island traning, learning my way around by walking around the neighborhood looking for the pool.

We'll get back to that.

I finally met Taryn (shout out!) and we had a nice, calm cup of tea and fantastic conversation before evening service at my new church. I can't even tell you how happy I am to have gone to the church and met new people and be part of a group of Christians again, and it's only been a week and a half!!!

And so I found out today, that I am NOT the person I was five years ago. I left my church and my faith then and I'm not sure how I survived without it. I am completely reliant on God, and that is 100% ok with me!

And to add to my history of locking myself out of things, before service, Taryn and I got locked out of the house and her car. This time, I didn't actually have anything to do with the physical locking of the door, but I must say, it's much more worth it to be locked out when you're with a good conversationalist. As sad as it was that we were late to church, I did enjoy gabbing for that extra forty minutes.

Also, don't tell T, but Taryn helped me cheat and I found the pool. And it's right next to the shoreline. YES MOM, THE WATER IS CLOSE!!!

But all good things must come to an end and I came home to three screaming kids, a messy kitchen and drywall in the foyer.

I guess E thought tonight after the dinner party was a perfectly good time to ask his father-in-law to patch a leak in the ceiling between the master bedroom shower and the foyer.

So I begrudgingly helped T calm the kids and get them into bed and then I swept up the foyer and cleaned the kitchen and made myself a really late dinner.

In the process I learned that as much as I like my job here, I still have some serious getting-used to my housemates to do. But thankfully, my new church and new friends are here to help me along.

No comments:

Post a Comment