Saturday, June 4, 2011

The snail's name is Snail.

I forgot to set an alarm today. Two days in, and already I'm sleeping in. But T showed her true colors by sleeping later than even me and not caring one bit that I hadn't been up.

I think I'm going to be ok here.

R came downstairs and woke me up. Little girls are endlessly fascinated by my chapstick collections, oodles of hair supplies and my giant pile of shoes. She was actually sweet and asked questions without once threatening my life. She ate breakfast that I prepared her and didn't argue with me once.

It's like a new little girl.

T had work on and off today. She's also a realtor. E was home in the morning and I talked to him a bit. He took the older two kids outside while I fed the baby and they found a dead snail. E cleaned the dead guck out of the shell and R claimed the empty shell as her pet.

Snail has been with us all day.

We tried to name him Sammy the Snail. Then we tried Gary. Meow. No go.

He's Snail.

Snail has been sick all day. J (the middle child) went with E to Home Depot and while the baby napped and T was work R and I did some serious bonding. We rushed Snail to the doctor, tucked him in to bed, gave him yellow medicine in the morning and blue medicine at night. He's been to two hospitals and we missed a wedding for him.

R helped me make lunch and even ate it willingly. She helped me do dishes and organize a cabinet. And when, on a whim, I decided to scrub the patio table, she manned the hose for me. The improvement in her attitude towards me is a God send.

Tomorrow I hope to be worshipping with the Franklin Square OPCers, but I don't know if I can find transportation without getting myself severely lost. We'll see.

But as for tonight, I am done working. We are barbecuing later and hopefully I'll really go to bed early tonight, not that fake early like I did last night.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment