Saturday, June 18, 2011

Paid off day.

Technically, I work on Saturdays, but since T and E are off and often have something going on, I'm pretty much left to fill up my own schedule. E suggested I take advantage of these days and relax so I've taken his words at face value.

The adults and the two older kids left at 9:30 this morning for a bar mitzvah and I hung out with Baby I until he went to bed.

Then I went to bed.

When he woke up we laid around and ate lunch and laid around some more. The most energetic thing I did all day was peekaboo and the most productive thing was laundry, which I haven't been all that efficient about. In seven hours I've done two loads in my two washers and two dryers.

I have more in right now and my family just walked in.

After the bar miztvah the family called ahead and asked me to get the kids' pools things together. E picked up the bag I had packed and Baby I and dropped off three trays of leftover bar mitzvah goodies.

And I'm PMSing.

E had also brought along a female relative named Dani who introduced herself politely enough and then went upstairs with him while he changed. I don't know if she was a cousin or what...but I thought that a little strange. I mean, I've been here less than a month and I've already seen E in his underwear twice, so I guess he's not all that shy, but still, a male inviting a female relative to wait in his room while he changes when there's an entire house and a cute baby downstairs...maybe I'm just old-fashioned.

He left a few minutes later and I promptly ruined my diet.

Then I watered the garden, the second most productive thing I've done all day. And usually when I water the garden it rains a few hours later, so we'll see what tonight looks like now.

Willie Nelson followed me around the entire time it was just the two of us and watched me start some more laundry and together we watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and snacked on some more wonderful food.

In spite of all my hang ups about New York, I will say that the desserts here are AMAZING.

And like I said, my family is home now. J came in already sleeping and T is putting the baby down. E seems to be taking care of R, which means my long day or freedom is about to continue.

I think tonight I'll finally track down the E! channel and fold the rest of this laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment