Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm addicted to everything.

The last two days have been largely the same.

We got through our morning routines, although therein lies the biggest differences between today and yesterday. The night before last dinner wasn't ready until almost 7(T cooked) and so the kids went to bed super late.

Yesterday morning was a screaming, fighting, yelling, threatening match and then the kids finally were off to school.

Today R was singing her compliance to everything.

I spent both days working in between app downloads on my new phone. I knew it would be bad, but this is ridiculous. I can hardly put it down. The only good to come out of it is that I found an app that gives you free access to the complete bible, in several different versions and so I have actually read it without dragging my feet about going to the basement for it.

We're on our second round of colds in this house this winter. The first round hit everyone else first and I held out until the bitter end. It hit T second to last but she had it the longest because all her remedies had to be natural while the rest of us flaunted our DayQuil and NyQuil and unlimited supply of cough drops.

She's just getting over it in the last week and this next bout hit all the rest of us at the same time. All three kids have runny noses and I have been blessed with a sore throat as well.

You know what they say, the family that eats together, coughs together. Or maybe they don't say that but they should.

Sometime between Saturday night and Tuesday morning the cover blew off of the grill and vanished. Why is the grill still outside you ask? I asked the same and found out E is "one of those." I've witnessed this before. Men so dedicated to barbecued meat that they are willing to bundle into a parka and brave the elements to run outside every ten minutes and turn something. We've all searched the yard now and there is no sign of that cover. And so, of course, it rained yesterday.


But I didn't really care because I was playing with my phone.

In addition to technology I have recently re-developed a coffee addiction. I have been off coffee for several years now, ever since caffeine tried to kill me in late 2006. We weren't even on speaking terms for a few years and I switched entirely to recreational decaf.

When I changed my diet to cut out the causes of my indigestion I let go of the decaf and became an official once-in-awhile coffee drinker.

This week and last I was barely functional without it. I would muscle my way through the mornings and then around lunch time I would cave and down two cups. It was like magic. And the best part was that after the caffeine worked its way through my system, I crashed hard and slept wonderfully.

This morning I didn't hear anything until my alarm. Do you know how longs it's been since that happened?

A long time.

But I am weening myself off the joe again anyway because it is bringing heartburn back with it and that is not acceptable.

I'm off now to see how my phone is doing. It probably needs me. It's been a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment