Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It just happened.

A lot of it.

Yesterday was the first day since I had strep that I have felt completely full of energy. I don't know if it was the weather or my raging hormones or the fact that I downloaded new music to my iPod but I took the baby out for the walk of the century and felt the wicked burn of doing things.

Today, my ambitious drive continued.

I got little sleep last night because I was finishing up the most terrifying book ever written and being harassed by Ashley who she thinks she soooooo funny.

This morning I dragged myself out of bed and swore to my weary body that I would nap today. But then I got upstairs and did some morning things and all of a sudden napping was the last thing on my mind.

I went upstairs after everyone left, intending to get some laundry and accidentally spent an hour thoroughly cleaning all three bedrooms and rearranging furniture and getting the newborn crib set up in T and E's room.

While I was moving things around upstairs Monkey followed me around and every time I asked him if he wanted to get a baby he said yes. He was so enthralled with the changes in his room and he bounced around saying, "Baby? Yes!"

Then I took the mobile off his crib (he never uses it -- ever) and put it onto the newborn crib. He stopped playing and stood by, watching with a serious face. I asked him again if we should get a baby and he said. "NOOOOOOOO!"

Oh just wait, Monkey, wait.

T had the bug too I guess because she accidentally went to her mom's to pick up the changing station attachments for the living room playpen and then returned home with them.

We're getting excited.

My energy level never wavered.

I got SO MUCH done today.

When all the kids got home for school we made some chocolate chocolate chocolate brownies at T's kind request.

She hasn't had an appetite for anything in months and all of a sudden the baby has a sweet tooth.

I was melting baking chocolate and the kids were begging to taste it because it looked so smooth and yummy so I let them and their face were AWESOME.

Once we cleaned up the giant powdery mess in the kitchen we headed outside to soak up the wonderful sun.

We went in to eat an early dinner and then headed outside again.

The kids were so good today. I think their cabin fever was getting as bad as the adults' so being able to get out and run around has really made them behave better. Especially the small nasty one.

Right around time to go inside J yelled that he had to poop and ran in ahead of us. We picked up the toys and put them in the garage and as I entered the kitchen I heard J shouting something about his jacket and the floor and that it was an accident.

"Ok!" I called back, assuming that he meant he had thrown his jacket to the floor in a hurry and was letting me know, because I have been all over him about throwing his jacket on the floor this week.

I got the other two inside and sent them to the playroom and went into the bathroom expecting to wipe a butt.

I wish, oh how I wish, I could share the picture with you.

J was standing, still in his jacket, at the pot, aiming properly into the bowl while he peed. His rear end was covered in pooh, as were the backs of his legs, his pants huddled down around his ankles. And there on the floor, was a giant pile of turd, just hanging out behind him.

When he saw me his face fell and he said,

"I'm sorry, Kimmy."

I lost it. I couldn't stop laughing. I took a picture and sent it to T. R came to see why I was laughing and then she giggled, too. We pinched our noses and whined about how much it smelled and then he giggled a little too.

I told him he wouldn't be in trouble because he hadn't had an accident in his pants. He hasn't done that in weeks and he honestly didn't mean to poop on the floor. He went on to explain how it had just come out when he was peeing and that he had more.

"Ok, hold it in while I clean you up. Don't let it come out."

I went to get paper towels to cover the mess on the floor and when I came back he was holding his filthy butt in both hands.

"I'm holding it in, Kimmy!" He promised.

"BATH TIME!"

My kids were fed and bathed by six o'clock tonight.

T got home right after their bath and I told her how ahead of schedule we were and she laughed about J's little incident.

We all ate several brownies and then the kids ran around to work off the sugar high. E got home a while later and they decided to go out to celebrate the return of T's appetite.

They were upstairs getting the kids washed up and settled down a bit and I went up with Monkey's milk. T waved me into the room when I hesitated in the hallway. That's been our system ever since the nude scene a few months ago.

As I entered the room E, who WAS clothed, covered his chest with his arms and gasped like I had walked in on him. I had an immediate panic attack and closed my eyes and T started laughing.

"Don't scare me like that!"

They snuck out for their first date in a long time and I snuck into the play room where I am supposed to be looking up trains for tomorrow morning.

I am spending the day with my sister-in-law and then my sisters and Mom are joining us for the circus! I am SO excited.

And I'm telling you this, because you definitely won't be hearing from me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment