Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How many hamantashins can I eat in one day?

Nine.

For anyone who doesn't know what a hamantashin is (I didn't) it is a small, triangle shaped piece of heaven. It's a cookie for Purim, and it's shaped like a triangle after some one's hat and whatever... The point is that they are delicious. They can have chocolate or fruit or chocolate and fruit inside them and honestly, I don't even have a preference. Just give them to me!

I had one after breakfast, which was uneventful, and the kids all got off to school on time and without crying about anything.

I took an hour to go through some calming exercises like browsing Pinterest and sitting down to get over my late night ire over this Kirk Cameron business. For the record for those who don't know me personally, I am on his side.

After working through my anger I worked through some work and then most of the afternoon. Before J got home from school, the phone rang and one of T's friends dropped off a gift bag full of treats for Purim and in it were more, you guessed it, hamantashins.

I ate two.

And then while the kids were playing, two more.

To balance things out, I played with the kids for a while and then ate two more.

My biggest project of the day was doing my own laundry, so when the dryer was done I herded my bunch to the basement and put it all away and cleaned my room while the munchkins ran around.

I've been telling them the Pineapple Princess story a lot lately and they love it so I dug out my copy of the High School Musical 2 soundtrack and played Ashley Tisdale's song about it.

We played it three times and the kids quickly learned the first half of the prince's long Hawaiian name. They sang it for the rest of the night.

T was going to try to get home in time for us to go out to dinner tonight but she got stuck in traffic instead, so we threw together some fried chicken and had an uneventful dinner to round out our day.

And then I ate two more cookies.

Nothing of interest occurred after that. Bed time happened and then it was Adult Wind Down Hour.

And I ate two more hamantashins.

No comments:

Post a Comment