Saturday, September 1, 2012

Oh well.

This is not even close to what I should be doing right now.

I am off for the next two days, and there are a lot of things I should get done before I leave and even more things that I should pack so that I can leave.

But it's all about priorities and right now mine is watching this Harry Potter movie.

Nanny K left yesterday and last night we had Shabbat dinner at T's mom's house with her sister's family as well. They're not taking it well. T's brother-in-law, who isn't all that friendly anyway, barely said two words to me, going so far as to stare blankly into space instead of responding when I spoke to him.

I guess it's hard knowing that someone probably knows all your dirty laundry and they're not your employee to drive away.

Oh well.

T's sister is more of the troubled type, not nasty, and she just looked occupied with her three wild children and perhaps wasn't as bright as usual.

It was T's mom who approached me in the kitchen and admitted to crying. Nanny K wasn't even sure T's mom liked her, and who knows if she really did, but she knew how good K was for the kids and she sure didn't want her to go.

Oh well.

A replacement flies in from Arizona on Monday. Hold your breath!

The dinner last night was disastrous in other ways. Thankfully, we got our kids fed before their cousins arrived. Ours were pretty rotten all day, but once there were six of them tearing around the house, the adults pretty much just gave up any hope of peace and quiet and went to their happy places.

After I had played all my turns in both Scrabble and Words With Friends, my happy place ceased effectiveness. So, I got a hold of the baby and put him to sleep and escaped having to handle the kids for the rest of the night. By nine o'clock, everyone else was sick of the kids, too.

Particularly, J, who hadn't stopped crying once since 3 that afternoon.

We took them home, put them in bed, and pretended the whole night had never happened.

Home so early from Shabbat dinner and with no kitchen to clean up, I found myself with a rare few hours of down time. I hardly knew what to do with myself. Should I hit the bar? Should I call around and see who's up and wants to go out?

No.

I went to bed and worked on various projects on my computer until I fell good and asleep.

I got a full eight hours in, which I desperately needed after my excursion into New Jersey on Wednesday. I hadn't slept well all week. Last night was a dream. Except I didn't remember any dreams, so it was more like a dreamless dream.

Tomorrow I am going to church where I grew up for the first time in awhile and I am very excited. I have to get up at the crack of dawn to make it to the bus that will put me in Hackettstown fifteen minutes later than I would like it to, but I am still very, very excited.

Also, I have a very important announcement to make.

Just in case you don't already know,

Avengers is back in theaters this weekend. GO SEE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment