Saturday, September 15, 2012

Different.

A lot has changed since my recent post five minutes ago but really, a week ago.

I have broken my laziness spell and have resorted to sleep aid two nights this week after not sleeping a wink two nights in a row.

One of those nights was a cocktail party here at the house, hosted by my employers. We put out a ton of appetizers and desserts and E made some drinks and then chased everyone around with tequila shooters the whole night.

I was technically working, but all the kids were in bed and I only had to feed the baby on occasion and put him back to bed, so my bosses didn't hesitate to liquor me up. I love them.

We had a quiet night in last night and today was uneventful as well.

We got up and breakfasted so late that no one felt like doing anything after that. We spent the morning napping and watching TV while the kids entertained themselves in the basement.

At some point we realized it was absolutely beautiful outside and so E and T took the kids on ahead while I took another nap and waited for Monkey to wake up.

He had his first full week of school and he has made leaps and bounds with potty training. He's been in underwear all week and this weekend and we've had minimal accidents. However, he's holding his pooh until morning time and doing it in his diaper to avoid having to use the potty. Punk face.

But when you call him that, he goes, "I not a punk face."

But he is.

When he did wake up, we headed out to catch up with the others. They had been headed to the park, but had been caught up at a friend's house on the way. We called and brought a bottle along for Baby Frogger and walked over. I have passed this house on several occasions but I'd never actually been there before. They have bay-front property and their yard dips down all the way to the water.

They've had the landscaping done in levels so first there's a picnic table and then the next landing is a little pond and grassy area and then there's several paths that go sideways or down to little play areas or lookout points all the way until you reach the water level. It's really cool. From one landing, we could see the pier and our park and Monkey remembered that he wanted to go there so I took him over.

The pier has been closed for most of the time that I've been here and they finally finished repairing the rotted boards and now you can walk out on it again. We chased a seagull away and took a walk on the "bridge" and then the other kids and T showed up.

We spent the rest of the day there, going home only because we had to feed the kids and put them to bed. Which we did.

Early.

And then we sat around doing nothing.

I've been installing a program on my computer for the last two hours and it doesn't look promising. Before I give up and go to bed, I'm going to play one more round of Tetris because it OWNS ME and then I'm off to dream land.

One more week until Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment