Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Oh, Autumn weather, I missed thee.

The rest of my vacation after I wrote to you people was very nice. We spent days at the beach, with family, with friends and then of course, traveling home. I didn't sleep especially well at any point over vacation and by the time we landed I was kind of delirious.

We went from the airport to my mom's and then right to my nephew's birthday party down the street. It was an outdoor, monster-themed affair and it was ADORABLE. In addition to stuffing my face with food, we had a bonfire and watched a movie and had an all-around good time.

I didn't sleep well that night either, because it was my genius idea to take an eeeeeeearly morning bus back home and I spent the whole night having anxiety about over-sleeping and missing my bus and losing my job. Which wouldn't have even happened had I missed the bus, but I don't like to disappoint people I like.

I spent two days recovering from vacation. It was like lack of sleep and eating all the meat and garbage that I don't usually, and eating it in mass quantities, had all caught up with me at the same moment and the result was disastrous.

I nursed it like a hangover, treating it with coffee and carbs and trying to get to bed early. Unfortunately, going to bed early doesn't always mean I am going to sleep early, and the last couple of nights have led me to the realization that I really need to invest in an alarm clock that isn't my phone so that I will turn off my phone at night. There was a time, long ago, before my iPhone had ever brightened my life, when I was able to shut off my electronics and let my insomnia be caused by other things. I think it's time to try that again.

The trouble is finding an alarm clock that won't make me spew curse words every morning, because the typical beeping and buzzing of most clocks makes me border line homicidal. And that adorable little "radio" setting doesn't even make me twitch. I would never wake up to that.

What I need is an alarm clock that pats my shoulder and says, "Kimberly, it's 7." And then shuts up for a bit. And then later goes, "Kimberly, it's 7:25 now. Do you want me to turn on the light?" And then later sits up straight in bed and gasps, "IT'S 7:45! I CAN HEAR MONKEY IN THE KITCHEN! I CAN'T FIND YOUR SLIPPERS OR YOUR BRA! GET UP! GET UP!"

Does anyone know where they might sell this?

In addition, I think it is nearing time for me to buy a real computer again. Lil Marta the mini wonder has served me well, but I'm starting to have storage problems. I have an external hard drive that stores everything I don't need on hand, but I need my photo editing software again and lately when I recently had to remove my iTunes from the computer to make room for other files and that has made my life less musical and drastically more boring.

I think it's time.

Sigh.

So, the computer shopping shall begin.

In the course of writing this, Baby Frogger has both served as my laptop desk and my iTunes. He fell asleep singing and I had to put him down in order to fill J's order for apples, but not too many, just enough so he can have ice cream.

In spite of his best efforts, he's fattening up and has been blessed with little love handles where his little, bony ribcage used to hang out. The other two are approaching growth spurts, getting taller and leaner all the time and the littlest one is a hefty one, squeezing into nine month and twelve month clothing at the ripe old age of almost six months. I love him.

I love them all, and going away for a week only confirmed that.

I haven't seen New Nanny since I got back, but I'll let you know if anything new happens. I did snag a ten minute conversation with Nanny K and she is home and happy and I'm happy for her. It's weird that she's gone and I have no one extremely local to bother for late night decaf, but this just means my church friends are about to start getting several more propositions from me at 8pm. I hope they enjoy it.

I also hope J will stop passing gas and stinking up the playroom and just go to the bathroom already.

Little boys are gross.


No comments:

Post a Comment