Friday, June 1, 2012

Oh fine.

All day.

This is my attitude.

Time to get up this morning. Oh fine.

I wasn't even going to post tonight but I came across an interesting article and I told the poster of it that I would post a link so...oh fine.

Also, Mean Girls is on so I can't go to bed anyway...

We had a nice day here.

The weather was PERFECT. PERFECT. I can't stress that enough. It wasn't hot or humid so I opened all the windows I could reach and that helped me get through some cleaning this morning.

T sort of let it slip her mind until last week that in order for R to have a birthday party, some planning would just have to happen. It's just a small party here at the house but today we spent the morning cleaning up for it and intermittently talking about a menu of some sort.

When I brought it up she went, "Do we have to feed them?"

I cleaned the entire basement from top to bottom after yelling inside my head at myself to get up and go do it.

It looks beautiful.

And I bleached everything to deter the spiders from coming back so there is a really good chance I will have some problems with the lingering fumes tonight.

R spent the afternoon bouncing around the house singing about her upcoming party.

J spent it crying and Monkey spent it being as horribly bad as he could manage. He cried all through dinner and whenever he wasn't really crying he was fake crying and reminding us that's what he had done in the shower last night and that he cries in the shower.

I told him to go jump in the pool and he yelled "NO!" and went back to crying.

But we have all learned to ignore him when he's like that, so in spite of his noise, we had a nice evening.
I have officially been here for a year and I couldn't have asked for a better family/job/church. It really is amazing to see how different my life is now than it was a year ago.

I loved my last job(s) and church(es) but where I am currently seems to have been put together just for me. It's so perfectly matched I sometimes think I must be overlooking something awful. But that's ok. I don't mind a little delusion.

But since it is my nanny-versary, I guess it's fitting that I just came across this in an email. It's interesting and it makes me feel happy.

http://www.nannyjobs.org/blog/10-reasons-some-nannies-make-more-than-doctors/

I hear Nanny K say all the time that she has the best job in the world, but from her it sounds more like a mantra to cling to sanity. Please continue to pray for her, although she is sounding more upbeat as of late.
Anyway, we do have the best job in the world.

I have no commute, no bills, no schedule and I hang out with kids all day. Since I love kids, this is ideal. I'm not one for offices, I've never been one for large amounts of quiet or seriousness, and at the end of the day/week I share a bottle of wine with my boss and her mom buys me shoes.

Try and tell me your job is better (not bragging).

My biggest problem is getting to church regularly. It's a big problem and it is important that I deal with it. But, as usual in my life, it's my fault this arrangement happened and I will now have to make good on my word. T is flexible and supportive and so, over time, I am confident that we will get me back to church.

And if not, one year is up. I signed on for two or three.

I love this family, but I have loved a lot of families. That doesn't mean I can stay forever, no matter how scared they are of R's teen years. And believe me, we're all terrified.

My point is, let's just see how this plays out.

And remember that my job is awesome (still not bragging).

And now I have to go put away the food that I left cooling on the counter. This means getting up off the couch... Mean Girls is on commercial...

Oh fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment